An Introduction

Chocolate…it is the stuff of legends. Difficult to cultivate, steeped in mysticism and loved by 99% of the world’s population (and the other 1% lies about not liking it!!), a person’s connection to chocolate is generally unlike their connection to any other food item.

Remember your first chocolate Easter bunny? Were you disappointed when you bit off the ear to discover that your rabbit was hollow, not the solid bunny you dreamed of? How many of you have dreamed of a warm chocolate chip cookie dribbling rich melted chocolate on your chin or obsessed over a long ago chocolate dessert experience that you can’t seem to duplicate?

If you can relate to these obsessions, then Chocolate Guru is written for you. We come to the table with years of chocolate yearnings. What started out as a love of all things chocolate, has become a passionate pursuit of information, news and culinary applications of chocolate. We represent the chocolate world from the perspective of the chocolatier, chocolate maker and consumer.

On our site, in addition to the occasional recipe, you will find numerous resources for discovering the culture of chocolate—did you know the ancient Mayans used chocolate not only for currency but also for all of their spiritual celebrations including human sacrifices? The history of chocolate is steeped in New World exploration, European royalty, industrial revelations and interesting characters. But it is about so much more than that—the innovators of chocolate represent some of the greatest entrepreneurs and forward-thinking individuals in the world.

From the chocolate makers to the chocolatiers, the world of chocolate is as diverse and complex as any subject you can imagine. Our goal is to provide you with not only all of the aspects of chocolate’s rich history and news makers, but also to keep you up-to-date on the latest breaking news—whether it be about the latest health claims of chocolate or the newest creation from one of the world’s greatest chocolate artists.

So welcome to Chocolate Guru. We hope you enjoy your stay. If there is anything you might be looking for in particular, just let us know and we’ll make sure it is at your finger tips. We are passionate about chocolate and we are thrilled to be the knowledgeable purveyors of all things chocolate. So sit back and stay awhile!

The Chocolate Guru